DRAMA COURSE – YEAR 2
ACTING TECHNIQUE 2
Acting Technique 2 (AT2) is the second year of the acting course offered at the Actors Door Studio.
It is a dynamic 36 week course, taught over 3 x 12 week terms.
Acting Technique 2 focuses on relationship work and emotional preparation. The skills learnt in this module extend the actor’s ability to portray characters powerfully on stage. In Acting Technique 2, actors will:
- Gain insight and understanding of their own relationships
- Develop techniques for relationship development in acting
- Build on techniques learnt in the previous stage in order to establish deeper connections with other actors on stage
- Develop skills in emotional prep to help fuel performance
Teaching Modules for Acting Technique 2 are as follows:
- Activity & Door Exercises
- Emotional Preparation
SCENE STUDY 2 MODULE
In this module, actors are taught how to apply the acting skills they developed in Acting Technique 2 to scene work. The Scene Study module can thought of as the application of those those acting skills to text. In this module actors will:
- Develop more advanced scene study skills
- Learn to create compelling character portrayals
- Learn to deliver monologues powerfully
- Expand on key performance capabilities
- Perform scenes in front of an audience as part of the Industry Showcase (Term 3)
Teaching Modules for Scene Study 2 are as follows:
- Scene Study
36 weeks, 1 x 3.5hr acting class weekly
MOVEMENT 2 AND VOICE 2 MODULE
Voice 2 is a tailor made module, designed to help you further strengthen your vocal instrument. Voice 2 looks to build on the work of Voice 1, deepening the understanding of your instrument and the skills required to make clear vocal choices. Voice 2 will have a greater emphasis on text and how we use our words, sounds, and rhetoric to create a dynamic vocal landscape that paints pictures.
Movement 2 has been specifically designed to reflect your acting training, teaching you elements that will help you connect with the other actors on stage.
3 Terms/36 weeks, 1 x 1.5hr acting class weekly
SCREEN ACTING 2 MODULE
In Screen Acting 2, students will learn more advanced screen acting skills to help them navigate set life. Students find this module invaluable since in addition to key competencies in camera work, it helps them understand screen acting in the wider context of the film industry. The Screen Acting module comprises teaching units in:
- Set environment
- Set survival
- Professionalism on set
- Business of Acting
- The Film Industry
36 weeks, 1 x 3.5hr Screen Acting class weekly
FILMCASE MODULE (OPTIONAL)
The FilmCase course is designed to equip graduates with showreel material as they finish their training. Students are able to apply what they have learnt during Screen Acting modules into their showreel performances. Bespoke scenes are created for graduating actors, taking into account casting types and the student’s own preferences as regards story, style and characterisation. Scenes are screened at the Graduation Industry Showcase, giving invited agents and industry professionals an opportunity to see not only the stagecraft, but also the screen acting skills of graduating actors. The module includes:
- Casting type consultation
- Consultation with the writer
- Bespoke showreel script development (2page script)
- Showreel production
£750 (this fee is additional extra to course fees)
Drama Course Year 1.
DRAMA COURSE LONDON: LEARNING OUTCOMES
As you successfully complete YEAR 2, you will:
- Gained tools to help you work and prepare for any character/role.
- Attained competence in the acting craft.
- Gained the confidence to enter the industry as a professional performer.
- Developed connection with your instinctive & emotional self
- Apply key learning outcomes to scene work and monologues.
- Use your body and voice to tell story and create characters
- Develop understanding of how body, voice and your emotional instrument connect and intersect
- Attain superior screen acting and characterisation skills
- Apply key learnings from Acting Technique and Scene Study to Screen Acting
- Develop higher level screen acting skills allowing you to create powerful performances on camera
- Develop a highly effective Marketing Plan for career success.
- Satisfy requirements for entry graduation Drama Course.