SCREEN ACTING CLASSES LONDON
WEEKLY DROP IN ‘SURGERY’ SESSION
Improve screen acting skills with these drop in classes as an alternative to screen acting courses.
The Actors Door Studio runs weekly drop-in Screen Acting Classes to help actors practice essential screen acting skills on camera. The classes run like mini workshops, with a small number of participants taking part in each session. (Max 4 students per 1hr slot).
Students benefit from ‘hands-on’, ‘on-camera’ practice, under the guidance of the tutor. If you want to record your session, you may do so, using your own phone or camera.
The classes are intended as ‘surgery’ sessions, where each student is able to bring in material they want to work and improve on.
Bring your own 1-2 page scene to practice in the class!
Students looking for instructional classes on screen acting methods, can take the screen acting courses. Depending on your level, you can join the Beginners or Advanced Level screen acting courses.
Enjoy Acting for camera?
This is your opportunity to train weekly at a low cost.
Maximise your chances of film acting success and benefit from what the classes can do for you right now. Join them weekly and set yourself a plan for what you want to work on each week.
Here are some of the things you might want to work on:
- Gaining confidence on camera
- Practicing ‘performing’ in front of the group
- Overcoming nerves and performance anxiety
- Various camera acting techniques to improve performance
- Testing out different characters
- Gaining on-screen body and facial awareness
- Emotional continuity
- Auditioning skills
The classes are currently open to ADS students AND NON-ADS students. There are currently no additional requirements to join the classes. If you are an absolute newcomer to screen acting, the tutor can use your allocated time to instruct you on what to do next time. If you are an experienced screen actor, the sessions will be very beneficial in helping you hone-in on your screen acting skills.
SCREEN ACTING CLASSES: LEARNING OUTCOMES
As you move take the classes, you will have:
- Practiced techniques to help you improve your on-screen performances.
- Learnt to apply key relationship and character development techniques to your on-screen performance.
- Improved technical aspects of screen acting such as staging, continuity, internal monologues etc.
- Gained deeper insight into your ‘screen presence’. This will help you identify your ‘brand’ and suggests ways to you for marketing yourself.
- Improved your auditioning skills.
- Learnt how to develop your characters further so that they appear ‘real’ on screen.